Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Emotions

Yes, and every emotion you can think of, has been filling my being in the last 3 days. So, my mom laughed at me last night when I told her I was sad, happy, tired....etc, etc. No, she wasn't laughing because of my emotions, but my reasoning behind it. I'm 33 weeks prego. Last night, I was tired and lonesome for my husband. I was in tears and the first thing I told her was I am only crying because I am prego. She laughed. Well....listen to my weekend.

Friday, I was excited and nervous. There were many people who drove by our house slowly and looked it over. Some stopped for pamphlets and some just drove away. Excitement filled the air.

Saturday, I was overwhelmed. Finding out that we have more looking into to get the work done on the bay window and hitch for the Santa Fe. Then our microwave decided to go out (burning a hole in the glass turning table in the process), so off to 3 different stores till I found the microwave that would work for us. And then lonesome. My husband was gone all day and spending the week with kiddos all day with little to no adult interaction does wear on one. So, by Saturday afternoon, I was craving time with him. By evening, we went to a gathering and the adult interaction was good, but by this time, I was getting tired. Left to take my son home to get him to bed. Crashed for the evening. I guess I was snoring. Husband slept on the couch.

Sunday, tired. Didn't sleep well and then after church and all the festivities, we headed home for lunch and my son went down for a nap (lucky him) and I went to a bridal shower. It was a Tastefully Simple party and so they passed around lots and lots of samples. Silly me. I was avoiding all the ones with cheese in them. I forgot about all the other items that have rich milk products in them. Oh, that night, I was not feeling the greatest! With a puke bucket, saltine crackers, and sprite next to me, I went to sleep. And yes, again, husband slept on the couch so I would not get sea sick.

Monday, lonely. My husband was away at school all day and I working as usual. He came home, gave my son and I a kiss, grabbed a pop, and was out the door to a meeting. He didn't get back till after my son and I were both in bed asleep. Again, I was sawing logs. Off to sleep on the couch my husband went.

Thus, for the past 3 days, I have little contact with my husband. So, at 5 am this morning, when I found my husband on the couch, I had to wake him up and request some cuddle time. He gladly came and we talked for almost an hour before we started our day. Hard to believe that such a small amount of time we had together this morning, but it was wonderful. And the best part, we got to wish each other a Happy Anniversary. 8 years ago today, we were married in Lincoln, NE. So hard to comprehend sometimes that we have not only have been married for that many years, but we find each other more and more fun each day. I love him so much. So when he is gone for a few days, I do miss him and all that he does. The good and the bad. I'm just glad he is in my life.

So, if you were me, you wouldn't cry. Trust me, on any given day when I am not prego, I would be lonesome but not to the point of tears. But, mix them up together and yes, mom.......I do get emotional. But......the emotions are made more intense being prego. Just remember, you were there at one point too. I'll be glad when the baby is here and my life can get to a "normal". Is that ever possible?

No comments: