Monday, March 24, 2008

Deep Thoughts.......

So for many years, ever since I gave birth to our son, I have missed out on the "experience" of Easter. No, I made it to the worship services and Lenten services, but just missed out on so much. Trying to keep a child entertained was hard, getting things out of the service that stirred my heart was another, and then there was overcoming the overwhelming feeling that Lent came way too son.

Surprising enough, this year (even though Easter came earlier), I felt blessed.

I felt the warmth of the service.
I took in the strength from God and yearned to understand more of the death and resurrection of Jesus.
The questions that I longed to have started flooding my mind and made me think.

For the first time in 4 years, this Lenten Season brought me to a bigger understanding of things. Yes, I still have questions, concerns, thoughts, and many emotions, but I am glad for the time I could spend reflecting on my faith and my relationship with Jesus.

Thank God for little boys who can sit still for a few seconds and let mom reflect.
Thank God for worship services given by skillful ministers.
And thank you for giving me the ability to let my worries pass to the side and focus on the thing that matters the most, my faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, they do eventually sit still? 'Cause that'd be cool.