Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Five: Signs of Hope

Sally gives us the Friday Five this week:

I believe that if we look carefully we can see signs of hope all around us.... as for signs of spring... well you tell me....

Bluebells in my garden, before the snow!

What have you seen/ heard this week that was a :
1. Sign of hope? Each morning when I wake up...I see my belly and feel movement of a new being being created. This is a sign of hope that innocence continues to grow around us and that that peace of mind will bring so much to the world in future years.

2. An unexpected word of light in a dark place? Each day, my son brings a different thought into my head. Today, I was a bit frustrated at the eating styles of the kiddos at lunch. About to take a deep breath to calm myself, my son looks up at me and says, "May I have more milk, please?" Don't know where the may word came in (I don't think my husband or I have ever corrected him or asked him to say that word), but just hearing it put a smile on my face. Such a relief to know that manners do exist in the world and come about unexpectedly.

3. A sign of spring? Not quite yet with the 3-4 inches of snow we received last night, but I still hold out for hope!

4. Challenging/ surprising? Each day working with kiddos is a new challenge. Today, one kiddo didn't want to eat lunch. And although he sat there for 25 minutes not eating it, it was a sin for me to take it away and dispose of it.

5. Share a hope for the coming week/month/year....Hoping that a week from now I can be happy with what God has given my husband and I. Hoping that the baby that is growing inside of me will be healthy, happy and strong. Hoping my son will adjust to kindergarten better than I will. Hoping that spring will be here soon so I can get my hands dirty again.

Bonus play... a piece of music/ poem guaranteed to cheer you? Bon Jovi (surprised?!?!?) =) Have a nice day. It just reminds me that things will bring me down, but I am in charge of my emotions. I can let them make me sad, upset, or frustrated, or I can just turn my head and smile. It's not a ballad or slow song, but one that gets in your face. =)

No comments: