Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What do I want to do when I grow up?

You know, each of us have struggled with that question for most of our childhood and mostly through college. Each day, I struggle with that question still. Don't get me wrong, I love kids. I love being able to work out of my home. But the one thing that haunts me is that I'm not doing what I feel I want to do for the rest of my life. Surprised? Well....being a mom to 6 other kids besides your own is not the most exciting thing in my life. Really, daycare provider means being a full time mom. You feed, help, teach, and love each of these kids like they are your own. Each leaves and you feel encouraged that they made it through another tough day. They learned a little more about sharing, interacting, right and wrong, what they can and can not do, and learned more that each thing we do is to help them become stronger and healthier individuals both on the inside and outside. And as I type this, I am amazed on how much I do accomplish. But that just makes me realize how burnt out I get too. Each day I am so tired. Partly due to the pregnancy, but mostly because of all the energy that I give.

So, I ask that you pray for me. I know I won't be at this career for much longer, but I pray that I continue to have the patience to work with kids and that I find the peace in searching for another. Hopefully, I can find more love for that job too.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Prayers.

Got it.

Anything else?

krugie23 said...

A million dollars would be nice too. =) But I'll just take the prayers, they have more power. =)