Tuesday, February 5, 2008

School's Out!


So, today....for the first time I can remember, my husband's school let out early. Yes! Usually if they have time off, it's planned early in the morning or the night before. But today, at lunch, they decided to let kiddos out at 2 pm. I received a text from my husband and I think he was pretty floored to learn that news.

Note for future, if school gets out early, son's school dismisses earlier to get all kiddos home. Don't want to leave son on bus for 5 minutes...because you aren't looking next time. At least the bus driver called and let me know they were outside. =)

In other school news, the principal has been asked to step down at the end of the year. To us this is big news. And you would think in small town Nebraska, that would be too. But no mention in the local newspaper. Go figure!! It's not news until a replacement has been found I guess. Maybe some new administration can help bring a spark to the staff that has for so long needed a boost. Don't get me wrong, the principal is a good person, but it's time for a change.

No comments: