Monday, February 25, 2008

Such a morbid thought

So, a few months ago, my husband's family lost a friend in their hometown community. The woman was in her 40's and had a young family. She died in a car accident. From everything I heard, she was full of life and loved every minute of it.

It has gotten me thinking. Yes, I know it not the most uplifting thoughts, but I have been thinking of my funeral and of my will. I know that if I were to die tomorrow, my husband and son would be fine. I would hope they would be a bit sad for a bit, but be able to move on and find strength to be happy again. But do they know what I want? How many of us have these plans written down? Have we ever told our loved ones how we feel? Have we put our wishes in writing so they know exactly what we want?

So, that is what I have been willing myself to do. I want to make sure all my wishes (funeral and burial) are written down. That my husband understands how much I love him. My son knows how much joy he has brought to my life. That friends and family realize how much I appreciate all that they have given me (both physically and emotionally) over the years. So much to say, and I pray that I can have it all down on paper somewhere for them to treasure someday.

No comments: