Saturday, December 8, 2007

Early Saturday Morning

So....being up around 12:20 am didn't use to be too strange for me. But lately it has. I have been sick and very tired. I went to bed at 9 pm and for the past hour, I have been awake. I don't know why, but I am still awake. It first started because my husband came to bed and woke me when he climbed into the covers. Then for the next 30 minutes, I had a hard time re-adjusting. Then, I nicely asked him to move to the guest bed. He told me days ago that he would be glad to do that. So, very nicely, he went to sleep there. Now, for the past 32 minutes, I have been still struggling to sleep. Why not check my email? It's all good right?

I got an email from my friend C in Belgium. She is married and has 3 kiddos. Her oldest just turned 5. Hard to imagine, but he isn't much older than my son. He speaks and per her email, also is reading both English and French. That just amazes me. I have a hard time comprehending English. Wasn't good at German in school, but managed. This 5 year old is mastering 2 languages! Wow! Her other 2 kiddos are 3 and 1. They sound good and it's nice to hear from them.

Then I checked the blog of a friend in Lincoln. He reminds me that the Omaha shooting hits so close to home. His parents were supposed to be shopping at the same store the shooting took place. They headed for home to make an appointment with the furnace guy. If not for that appt, the Lord only knows what could of happened. I am thankful for this appt. They are safe and left only to be thankful for the change in events that day.

I really think my mind is racing though because we hope to purchase a new vehicle on Saturday. We have been wanting to go out for a month or so. Last weekend was supposed to be the time to go. But, we got ice on the roads. And I don't feel safe and I'm sure that car dealers don't either for us to test drive a vehicle in those conditions. So, today is the day. We have our son going to a friends and my hubby and I head out. We have this Saturn car that is older and is starting to show signs of it's age. My husband and I thought we would trade it in. [My brother-in-law would be happy to hear that......yes, this was the car with the K-State sticker.]

Well, sleep is now calling me. Must find bathroom then bed. Hope you all had pleasant dreams and woke up refreshed. Today is a new day. Make the most of it!

No comments: