Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I just want to scream

Have you ever had one of those days, where you thought was going good, then something completely avoidable happened. I lost my wedding ring. I am so sad, angry, frustrated.....etc. My own fault. I was raking up leaves for my son and jumping in them with him (not like there are a lot of leaves). But in the process of raking, jumping, and throwing leaves, the ring fell off. I don't know if it flew a ways or fell or just came off while raking...but it's gone.

I am just so sad and angry right now. I know....it's just a ring. But, it's not. It's the ring my husband gave me when we exchanged our vows. It's the ring where it had imprinted our initials and the date. He took the time to pick it out just to ask me to marry him. He took the time to pay for it. It came from his heart. That means so much. And because I was too busy doing other things, I didn't pay attention and lost it. I am usually so good at making sure my wedding ring is safe. (maybe not other jewelry....but always the wedding ring).

I just want to find it. But it's hard because of the leaves, the darkness, the dew starting to gather and the fact that it's colder out at night. It's supposed to freeze tonight. Great timing!

No comments: