Saturday, August 16, 2008

WOW

So, here I am.....up at the 5 am feeding. My son N, was awake....not very interested in eating, but more interested in getting his diaper changed. He probably would have went back to sleep if I would have ignored his whining, but I got up anyway. It just makes my heart tug knowing he is just uncomfortable. I was rewarded with a big smile. And we cuddled. He ate a little, not much, but a little. And we cuddled.

This got me thinking about the feeling I get. That flood of love that washes over a person, sure makes one forget about everything else. It's powerful stuff. It sometimes takes me by surprise and uplifts me so much. I have to say, this tiny being sure turned me around. I never thought I could be gotten like I have been, but both my boys have done it to me. They can brighten almost any rotten day with just a smile, word, or laugh. They can wipe away any tear and make me feel better. The other day I was feeling homesick for my friends back and P...my oldest figured it out. He just knew that even though mom was hiding tears, she needed that "hug" feeling. So, this 5 year old put his hand on my shoulder and said, "it's ok mom. It will be ok. I'll make it better." Yes, Z.....you sure did. Both you and your brother do. Thank God for little boys and for the small but powerful moments. God bless the little ones.

No comments: