Friday, August 15, 2008

A new start.......

So, here I am....I have been nervous about my new job. I will be a paraprofessional at the elementary school. Working with kids has been a passion of mine. I have never quite figured out in what way I should do this, but know that it's in my blood. So, when my husband found a new position in his hometown, I jumped at the chance to try a new field and to venture on a new path. And I have been really nervous about it. This job will be so different than any other job I have had in the past. And so, I'm heading to my new position on Monday. And so, tonight, one of the teachers had a gathering at her house. She does it every year to "kick off" the new school year. It was just what I needed. I needed to meet other teachers. I needed to relax. I needed to get out of the house. And most importantly, I needed to understand the side of teachers again. It was just a fun and relaxing night.

So, I say thank you. Thank you to the teacher that had the gathering that brought me to meet other teachers at the school. Thank you for welcoming me into the community, not just WF but also the school community. Thank you for helping me understand how hard, but fun my job will be. Thank you for tonight. What a blessing this move is.

No comments: