Monday, April 28, 2008

Wonderful Birthday Weekend

So, my son turned 5.
Yes, it is sad to see my son grow up.
But despite my sadness, we had a great weekend.

My husband taught his master's course and after he was done, my son and I met him at the hotel. We went out to eat where they throw peanuts on the floor. Yes, we didn't go to Applebees, but went to Whiskey Creek. It surprised my husband too, but I chatted with Z a lot and got him to go somewhere else. He still had his grilled cheese sandwich with french fries, but he went somewhere new. We were all thrilled.

After the food, we headed back to the hotel, were my son changed clothes in record time. Before we knew what was happening, he was in his swimsuit ready to go to the pool. After waiting a bit for my husband to change and me to figure out that I don't fit my swimsuit anymore, we headed down to the pool. I took pictures and video and had a grand old time watching all the fun. They were there for an hour, but have memories to last a lifetime. =)




Then we finally all fell asleep around 10 pm.

Sunday morning, Z and I went to our church and Z was surprised that my husband and I bought some flowers for him for the alter. When the pastor announced they were in honor of his birthday, he stood up on the chair, beaming with a smile from ear to ear and said, "I'm 5!!!" At Sunday School, he put his 5 pennies in the church piggy bank and forgot about his offering in his pocket. When I asked him about it, he just looked at me and smiled. "I forgot mom. We'll give it next week, ok?"

After church, we had lunch, worked/played outside, had some rest/nap time, and then made cupcakes for the daycare kiddos in honor of his big birthday. He was so excited to mix the batter and help put the cupcake papers in the tins.


All day, Z keep asking me when dad was coming. I told him when it's supper time, dad will be home. So after all morning, lunch, and afternoon hearing that he wanted supper to come, missed his dad, and wanted to open his birthday gifts, he finally got to see dad. Dad comes in and we got him settled down and let him go at it. Inside, he opened his new super hero cape and his CARS t-shirt. He went around the house making sure the cape worked ok.
Then he realized there was more.
Off to the garage to the "big" gift.



He had a hard time petalling, but he'll soon figure out not to petal backwards.

So, after a fun weekend, we all settled down for some well deserved sleep.
What a great weekend!

Happy Birthday Z!
Dad and I love you very, very much!
May you have many more fun and exciting birthdays to come!


Next weekend...the birthday party! =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOO-HOO! Birthday Party!

Wonder if we'll get a class 5 superfit like last year? Or if Cousin Ainsley will be the cause of said superfit (or the one THROWING the fit?)

Can't wait either way.