Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday - Oh what a great morning!

So, the day didn't start the way I would have liked. At 1 am, my son awoke to a wet bed and underwear. Around 7 pm, I had gotten him to put on his pjs. He had asked to keep on his underwear at the time. I said sure, but when bedtime comes, he would need to put on a pull up. Well...I had forgotten all about the pull-up before bed.

So, at 1 am, that was not a surprise, just an inconvenience. And after it was all over, I knew that when we got up for the day, I would need to get him up a bit earlier to get him into the bathtub. So, here I am at at 1:30 am, dreading getting my son up to take a bath. Dreading having to start my day. I just hate a fight. Finally, I fell asleep after some tossing and turning and at 6 am, my alarm went off. I breathed a quick prayer for patience for all 3 of us (because sometimes morning can be a 2 parent struggle time) and went into his room to get him roused for the day. A surprising thing happened......my son not only got up and out of bed within 5 minutes of me getting out of bed, he also went potty, took of his clothes, climbed into the bathtub, and got all cleaned up. The rest of the morning was a piece of cake too. He got all dressed...shoes and everything, watched a little My Pal Winnie the Pooh, and then ate a bowl of cereal. Finished it just as the bus pulled up. So instead of tears to get ready for bus, he jumped off his chair and headed for the door. "Come on Mom! The bus is here! I beat the bus! I finished my cereal before the bus came!" All the way to the bus....and off to school.

How I wish that mornings could be like that everyday. Though my morning started off in dread, it went pretty good....and that was all before 8 am! =)

Now, I look forward to 2 kiddos at daycare. Yes, the flu is still affecting numbers, but that's ok, more relaxation for us and not as stressed...right?!?

No comments: