Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Alien has returned...

So, I know....I shouldn't reply to the baby as an alien, BUT if you have ever been pregnant....you understand. Another being, moving when you don't....putting limbs and body parts in strange positions and moving in ways you have to rethink things....yes, it feels like an alien.

Tonight was great though!!

I was sitting on the couch upstairs and I felt the baby move. Normally, I would say to myself "too bad the boys can't feel that". But this time, I decided to see if they could. I took my son's arm and and explained the baby was moving. I asked him if he wanted to feel. After a bit of moving of his arm, we finally got it where it needed to be. He stopped and looked at me, "I felt it mom!". I smiled then told him to go tell dad. After a quick knock knock joke to the baby, he runs to the top of the stairs and yells down, "I felt the baby move!". My husband didn't understand. He thought it was something of him needing to move or him moaning....not sure, he asked one more time. Then, DING husband realized what son said. Up comes my husband. And sure enough, he felt the baby move too. It was an exciting night. I can finally share the good part of my pregnancy with the boys. Yeah, I've shared what I feel, but now they can feel it too!

Thank God! The alien is alive!!!