Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday

So, it's been some time since I posted last. Yes, I'm still alive. I am feeling much, much better than last week and think I have mostly recovered from my problems over the weekend. It's a new day and I can at least breathe through my nose again. Yeah!

Things have been quite busy, but fun around here. Besides the normal, cleaning/laundry/fixing meals, I have been finding time to read again. I do like to read, but I'm not as book savoy as my brother-in-law or other friends. Even my husband pesters me about my reading habits. I received the book 3:11 by Max Lucado for Christmas, and I can't quite get myself to sit down and read it. I am just afraid I will either fall asleep (I tend to read more at night or nap time with the kiddos) or loose my train of thought. Either way, I will be reading and re-reading the same sections over and over again. So, to get me back into the swing of things, I picked up a book that I haven't read for a while. It's called the Wedding Dress and sequel is With this Ring (I believe that's the correct title). Anywho, it's about this girl who grows up and decides to move west with a Morman wagon train. It's quite interesting the take on the Mormans, I'm not an expert or do I plan on taking anything a book say...word for word, but the way the religion is portrayed does get me all interested. Plural wives and finding salvation into "Heaven" by the kids that you bare. It's quite interesting. So, to sum up....yes...I am reading again and I am not reading the 2nd book.

The family is good. Over the weekend, my mom came down to help take care of my son. Husband out of town for weekend co-teaching MA class, so it would have been sick me and my son. It was nice of here to offer and come all that ways. I know my son enjoyed having Grandma around and I got a little more extra sleep at times. It was nice.

Husband is back into routine at school. It does take a bit to get settled into things again after a 2 week break, but things seem to be good. He finished report cards and now can concentrate on things that he would like to work on. State testing is coming up and 4th grade is looked upon for those results. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and he tries to prepare his class for that. It's nerve racking for all.

Our son is so funny. Last night, he came downstairs with dad to hang out for a bit. He burst into tears when he found out there was not one bit of football on the TV. He was so used to watching it with dad at night, that he was expecting it. My husband wanted to cry too...but he knows that August will come soon enough. And we might even get to the NU Spring Game in April. That would be fun. =)

So, instead of football, both husband and son worked on "school work". My husband graded papers and my son was given paper and a pen. He drew all over that paper and even asked for another, but he really believed that was his "school work". Quite cute and he took his paper upstairs later so he could admire it.

Well.....off to check on the rising cinnimon rolls and sleeping kiddos. Must clean bathrooms and fold laundry. A mom's job is never done.

No comments: