Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh what a day!!

Yesterday was a good day...but very busy!

5 am. Woke up, like I do everyday. No, I'm not setting my alarm. My body is just being picky and waking up. So, since my husband was leaving shortly to teach class, I got up and made him some breakfast and spent some time with him before he left for the weekend.
6 am. After finishing the dishes, I settled down for some more sleep.
6:30 am. My son woke up. He never wakes up this early unless he feels he needs to make sure all is ok in the house. It always ends up on days that I want to sleep in. Ah-well.
7:15 am. Found some cereal and a Mickey Mouse video for my son. Got him settled and went back to bed for 45 more minutes of sleep.
8:00 am. Alarm went off....now the real day begins.
8:30 am. Left for Church. My son is in the Christmas Program at Church. So, with that, he had practice at 9 am. Spent a bit of time there.
11 am. Decided that donuts were a good thing to have before Christmas shopping. My son declared: "Donuts, here I come!"
11:30 am. Went to the mall and picked up Christmas outfit. If my son had his wish, he would wear Cars PJs to the Christmas program, but after 20 minutes of persuasion, he decided a sweater would be better. Whew!
1:00 pm. Headed home to scoop driveway. When I say I love my husband, I really do. That driveway isn't fun to scoop. There was a bit of snow that we got the night before and it was some work. Though it was fun to scoop it with my son. He was all bundled up and had his own shovel to use. We had some interesting paths and piles, but it was a fun....even though it was a lot of work.
2:30 pm. Off to make Christmas cookies! We made 4 dozen sugar and 2 dozen chocolate chip. I think we would have made more, but both my son and I like to nibble. So, we are thankful for what we ended up with.

The rest of the day was filled with catching up with friends and family. I have to say, even though it was a busy day, it was a good day. My son and I made some great memories.

Today, we have the Christmas Program and hubby will be home. Glad to have the weekend, but not sure I can take too much more fun. =)

No comments: