Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday

So, after a strange but good weekend, I am again sitting down to type. I have all my kiddos back today. Each are good and each are driving me batty! The youngest was gone all last week. He had a virus and stayed home. I'm glad, but since he is 9 months old, he has a problem remembering things. Like the simple thing that when I put him in his high chair, he will eat. He just started screaming today. No reason. Just didn't want to be put in that spot. All the other kiddos are just looking at me...."what are you going to do?" What could I do? He's 9 months. I talked to him. Tried to calm him down....but he was in that "mood". He didn't want to settle down. He didn't want to see anyone....he wanted what any 9 month old wanted....to crawl as quickly as he could and tear down the Christmas tree that I put up when he was gone. All the pretty lights and such. It looked all so much fun. "I must destroy it!!!" Ah....little one...just realize that as much as you scream.....I will not get upset. I will only place you in a quiet spot until you settle down. Oh, little one, if you only knew.....3 other kiddos before you have tired this. They all have failed. Good luck on your quest, but it is in vain.

Then, I have one kiddo that is crabby because mom left. You think that a 1 or 2 year old would act this way. No, this kiddo is 4. He is a big boy. He knows that when mom leaves, things aren't always going to go his way. He knows he is tired and will have to lay down at nap time and try and sleep. He knows that if he is mean to the other kiddos, he will have a consequence. So the real reason for the tears, isn't that mom is leaving....it's because he will have to listen to authority and be a good boy. Oh little one.....how much you know but don't realize that this is much like life when you are older. Nobody likes to listen to authority, but we all have to. It is part of life.

And lastly....my son. I went in and talked with him to wake him up. He cuddled, tickled, and laughed. He was on cloud nine when the kiddos showed up. He bound to the door to let them in. He jumped for joy when we put on his coat. And he practically ran to the bus when it came to pick him up. Oh, what an attitude! I hope his whole day is that merry!! What a good day!

No comments: