Friday, November 30, 2007

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Don't Call It a Comeback Edition

brought to you by: http://revgalblogpals.blogspot.com

Alright, so I'm dropping by for a brief return stint as contributor. Please, hold down the applause (also please don't forget NOT to cut and paste this part)....

Parishioners pushing for carols before you digested your turkey?
Organist refusing to play Advent hymns because he/she already has them planned for Lessons & Carols?

Find yourself reading Luke and thinking of a variety of ways to tell Linus where to stick it? (Lights please.)

Then this quick and easy Friday Five is for you! And for those of you with a more positive attitude, have no fear. I am sure more sacred and reverent Friday Fives will follow.

Please tell us your least favorite/most annoying seasonal....
(I have to list both!!)

1) dessert/cookie/family food -
Least Favorite - Anything Sweetish or German that has a name you can't pronounce without a slur or spit.
Favorite -My Grandma K's sugar cookie recipe. It is the best kind of sugar cookies there are!


2) beverage (seasonal beer, eggnog w/ way too much egg and not enough nog, etc...)
Least Favorite - Wine. Why does so much wine have to be so dry or make you feel like you have been roaming around a desert for the past 2 hours. Not a fan to have that at Christmas or any holiday for that reason!
Favorite
- Not much of an eggnog/beer person. I just like to drink. =)

3) tradition (church, family, other)
Least Favorite - Not thinking of any traditions that I don't like. I think I've blocked them out of my head! I do miss the tradition of going to my husband's grandma's house for dinner. It was always so hot there (she believed in keeping it warm), but the day was always so fun!
Favorite
- Unwrapping the gifts Christmas Eve, after Christmas Eve candlelight worship and seeing my son's eyes light up at the thought of getting new things.

4) decoration
Least Favorite - Anyone who spends more than 2 hours decorating their outside. With that much light coming from the house to the street....it just makes me want to reach for my sunglasses.
Favorite
- Our Christmas Tree. Each year it has another trinket placed on it that wasn't
there the year before. Decorating it brings so many memories my way.

5) gift (received or given)
Least Favorite - Ok, I love my son. But a few years ago, my husband veered him to these neon green Santa Claus socks. It wasn't my son's fault. He was 2 and they were bright colored. But my husband should have switched them when he wasn't looking and gotten me something better. I still have them, and yes, I will wear them on Christmas, but they are definitely not my favorite gift.
Favorite
- My slippers my son gave me. I wear them practically ever day. They are rainbow and fuzzy. Reminds me of one of the Muppets. But they are mine and they just bring a smile to my heart to know that my hubby and son cared enough to get them for me. =)

BONUS: SONG/CD that makes you want to tell the elves where to stick it. -- Oh holy night. Most of the time, this song is so over the top. Just sing it the way it is written. Don't "harmonize" with fluctuating your voice in so many octaves that nobody can follow and don't sing it so high that you may kill a small bird. Sing it from the heart and look at the notes. It's not that hard!

No comments: