Thursday, December 27, 2007

Back to the swing of things....

So, today was my 1st day back at work again. It's been a good 5 day break.

Friday, after work, my hubby's parents came. They did come a bit early, but that didn't keep our son from showing his excitement. After a quick trip to the grocery store, he showed how Big Boy he can be. He (all by himself) figured the best way to help mom put the groceries away was to take everything out of the bags and set it on the table. Oh my goodness, was that a huge help! I was able to look at everything and find it's proper place. So, while Dad vacuumed, we put away food and got ready for bed. Every time my son saw our driveway light come on, he got excited that Grandma and Grandpa were there. He would run around the house and yell across the way that the light came on. After a little explaining, he would settle down for 2-3 minutes, until the light came on again. So, we decided to settle down to read a few books. Dragging out bedtime as long as we could. Then 9 pm hit. 1 hour past his bedtime and we finally said it was time to settle down for bed. And right then, Grandma and Grandpa pulled in the driveway. Forget bed then! But our son was great and he did go to bed a bit later and it was an enjoyable evening for all.

Saturday was relaxing and we got food prepared for Sunday Dinner, then relaxed. That night, my husband sang in a Christmas Cantata at our church. It was great! We all went and his brother and brother's girlfriend met us their. Then out to supper afterwards.

Sunday, we had dinner together, then opened Christmas gifts. Our son was so excited, that after dinner (before gifts) we were cleaning up. He sneaked into the living room and opened a gift. Then Grandpa caught him. It was quite funny and very hard to discipline, but somehow we made him understand that he needed to wait. =) Everyone left that night and the rest of the week (through Dec 26) was just my husband and son and I.

I have to say that Christmas is enjoyable most years, but you never realize how much fun it is until you have time to reflect, relax, and rejoice about. Seeing the look in my son's eyes as we sat out cookies for Santa and his excitement of running around exclaiming how "Merry Christmas" to everyone just makes me so happy and thankful for this time of year. The joy that my family brings me is so great that it's hard to believe that I can share anymore excitement.

Well.....then there is our news. We found out that we are expecting again. We are due in July. We are all so excited. We did plan this baby and feel blessed for the time of year it will come. It will be good for my daycare to have a summer baby, and my husband will have so much more time to help....I mean enjoy =) the newest member. I'm just happy that we are pregnant and that my son can understand what is going on.

My son is over excited. He did go through a few weeks where he was "pregnant" too. He would pat his tummy and "show" me where the "baby" was. These past few weeks, he has declared himself not pregnant, because it is "too much work". But though he is not expecting, he seems to follow my symptoms. If I feel sick, somehow he does too. One night, it took a bit of convincing for him to go and eat a meal that Dad prepared that the smell brought thoughts about sitting around the toilet to me. He declared that he was "sick too" and needed to rest. After some understanding that his tummy needed food and that mom would play a game with him after supper, he bound into the kitchen for a well deserved meal.

Well, there is the news from my household. As of this week I am 13 weeks, and heading into my 2nd trimester soon. Keep me in your thoughts as I am slowly, but surly getting over the nausea and tired feeling. =)

No comments: