Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oh what a night....

So, it's amazing to look at your child and seen the innocence. Tonight my son was coloring and he just looked at me and said, "Mom, are you a girl?"

I thought, where did that come from? But, I continued on and and said, "Yes, I am a girl. Are you a girl?"
"No, I'm a boy!"
My husband and I looked at each other. He asked our son, "why are you a boy?"
Our son thought for a moment and said, "Because, I am."

We were expecting him to say something off the wall, but he just spoke like it is. He doesn't need to know the reason. He doesn't need to know that girls are given different blessings than boys. Or that women have babies and boys don't. Or that boys do different things than girls (even though that gap is closing more and more each day). He just thinks one thing. He is a boy, because he is. No doubt about it, there is a reason he is a boy and it doesn't have to do with his kid intuition, but until he figures that out, Dad and Mom are just going to let this be. He's a boy. Dad's a boy. And mom, she's "just a girl". =)

2 comments:

Scott said...

Wow - I smell a sermon illustration!

krugie23 said...

I know, isn't it scary and cool at the same time?! =)