Friday, October 19, 2007

The Friday Five: Homage to the Top Chef!

brought to you by: http://revgalblogpals.blogspot.com

This Fall my family has been energetically watching Top Chef on the Bravo channel. My teenage daughter watches with the dream of some day being a chef. My husband watches because he loves reality shows and I mean, really loves them. Plus the whole competition thing really works for him. Me, I love cooking and good food. Every so often I get an idea from this group of talented young chefs who are competing for big money and honors galore.

The winner for this season was Hung. Not the fan favorite, but he won fair and square. In his bio, he says if he were a food "I would be spicy chili - it takes a while to get used to, but once you eat it you always come back for more!" With that in mind, here is this week’s Friday Five.

  1. If you were a food, what would you be? I would be mashed potatoes. Filled with rich and yummy ingredients, hugged with warm layer of substance and very filling.

  2. What is one of the most memorable meals you ever had? And where? This past Thanksgiving. My husband and I did the hosting at our home. Quite a treat even though it was a bit of work. So much fun! We had 3 members of my family and 3 members of my husband's side. With the 3 of us, we had a total of 9 present. The food was great! The company was awesome! The day warmer than usual and it made for a relaxing and low key day, even though all were coming to our house for the 1st time! Once the nervousness went away, all was so wonderful. I would host again in a heartbeat. =)

  3. What is your favorite comfort food from childhood? It's always been mashed potatoes. I think it has been this since I was 12. I had my tonsils removed and it was practically the only thing I could eat. My very rude siblings thought it would be fun to make popcorn the day I came home from the surgery. Yes, it was mean, but I got spoiled that week with all the soft food and I definitely ate my share of the yummy yummy MP. Mmmmm...mouth watering just thinking of them. =)

  4. When going to a church potluck, what one recipe from your kitchen is sure to be a hit? Tatortot Hotdish. Anywhere you go, there is a version of this. Doesn't matter how you make it, with lots of veggies or with little. It's a good dish and sure to please a crowd.

  5. What’s the strangest thing you ever willingly ate? I'm not a strange eater, but I have to say the most disgusting drink I have ever had was this Moxie. Sorry M! But I think that stuff tastes nasty and why anyone would request it to be given to them by the case load is beyond me. Do you have any of that left? Have you had to open any to any celebrations lately? =)
Bonus question: What’s your favorite drink to order when looking forward to a great meal? I don't have a favorite drink...but I have to say if I am celebrating, anything cold and fruity with alcohol would be great for me. Please, no beer.

No comments: