Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day's End

So, today was quite a day!

1. Woke up at 6 am (ish) and helped get my son ready to go. My hubby and him were off to the foot guy to get his new inserts for his shoes. My son has worn a plastic brace (DAFO) for the past 2-3 years. This year, we have graduated to the insert. We all just love it now! No drawing more attention to my son's feet and starting more conversation. My son can finally put on his own shoes and take them off so much easier. It's all good! They left at 6:30 am and were back around 8 am. Quick trip but so worth it!

2. Got myself and the house ready for the daycare clan coming this morning. I had 9 kiddos (7 kiddos 2 and older & 2 babies). Yes it was a hectic day, but I have to say I enjoyed today more than most of my other days. Even though it rained and we were stuck inside, the kiddos listened. Let me say it again, they listened. Yes, I did have to say a few reminders and let them know if they were going too far, but they slept/rested, ate, played, and got along. There was hardly any of them complaining and it was all a good time.

3. My husband has had Parent/Teacher conferences yesterday and today. It's good to have them for the teacher and parent, but as a wife of a teacher, it gets pretty lonely. Last night, I didn't see him until 7:30 then we rushed to our son's conference. After getting home, we didn't have much time to slow down and then off to bed for the night. Today, I have seen him for the brief few minutes this morning when the left to get the inserts and then to drop my son back home, then I haven't seen him since. Conferences are over, but he went out with some teachers to "vent" about how things are going/not going and catch up on their lives. He worked 3 years in the same grade with these teachers and this year he is in a new grade. It's hard to transition when you had such great co-workers to work each day with then get moved to a new team. He likes his new team, but very much misses his previous one. It's good for him to go out tonight, but again, I miss him.

4. My son, our friend and her kiddos and 2 kiddos from daycare (their parents are both teachers and have the p/t conference thing tonight as well) went up to the Children's Museum for a night of Halloween fun. The kiddos had fun and were very well behaved. They listened, played well together and stayed out of trouble. The only thing we could have asked for was more time. We got there 1 hour before the CM closed. But it was a good time for all! Even my friend said she was surprised how well behaved the kiddos were. I was glad I didn't lose my son. He is quite short and with him being Buzz Lightyear this Halloween season, he blends in with other kiddos too. I was glad for the extra set of eyes. =)

Well....I'm winding down from my day. A good day......a bit long now that I sit and reflect, but quite a fun and good day. Today will be better because I go from 9 kiddos to 4 kiddos (and 1 more popping in for a 2 hours and popping back out). It's a good week. I wish most weeks could be so good. =)

No comments: