Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New beginnings

So, I'm on the trail of a new beginning.  After 4 years at a job that (I not only loved but also) changed my life.  I  left it to complete my 2nd degree.  An endorsement in Special Education.  Recently, I have been reflecting on why I chose such a path.  I don't know what sparked inside of me, but the burning need to be a person that not only is involved in the education process but someone who can bring out their desire to do more in life.  As a mom of a child with a disability, it drives me bonkers knowing that there is nothing I can do to take away the disability.  Nor can I help my husband be ok.  I just need to breathe.

Which brings me to where I am.  I am in a place that can bring some hope to individuals and families that struggle with a disability.  The hats I put on, will not only enable myself to help a student, but the family as well. I am excited, nervous, and anxious about my next step.  But most of all, I am eager to get the last completed.  Ready to move forward and change lives.  Mine included.

No comments: