Friday, September 12, 2008

Night out

The other night I was invited out for a night with the
'girls.' I told my husband that I would be home by
midnight, 'I promise!' Well, the hours passed and
the margaritas went down way too easily. Around 3 am, a
bit loaded, I headed for home.

Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway
started up and cuckooed 3 times.

Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I
cuckooed another 9 times.

I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a
quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible
conflict with him.

(Even when totally smashed... 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos
totals = 12 cuckoos MIDNIGHT!)

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I
told him 'MIDNIGHT'. He didn't seem pissed off in the least.

Whew, I got away with that one! Then he said 'We need
a new cuckoo clock.'

When I asked him why, he said, 'Well, last night our
clock cuckooed three times, then said 'oh shit.'
Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat,
cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more,
and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should submit this to Reader's Digest. I actually guffawed! :)
Christina