Friday, April 11, 2008

Moving Friday Five

We are right in the middle of a move--only twenty minutes away, but we're still a mix of busy, excited, nervous and surprisingly full of grief about what we're leaving, for me at least. So this week's Friday Five asks about your experience of the marvels and madness of moving...

1. How many times have you moved? When was the last time?
I have moved a bunch. Luckily, through my entire childhood I was blessed by living in the same house. I moved my first time to college. From there, I moved 4 times in my college years before marriage. Then my husband and I moved in together in May of 2000. After marriage, we have moved 2 times. The first time from Lincoln to Papillion, the last time to our house where we reside for a few more months till we move to WF.

2. What do you love and hate about moving?
I love the "fresh start" feeling you get when you walk into a room. I love the newness of it all.
I hate the packing, paying for gas, getting boxes, dealing with all the mess and especially looking at all the work that needs to be done to each room as we settle in.

3. Do you do it yourself or hire movers?
I'm cheap. I do it myself, but luckily, I have a husband and good friends and family too. =)

4. Advice for surviving and thriving during a move?
Do a little at a time. Pack a box or 2 a day and it will make your life so much easier.

5. Are you in the middle of any inner moves, if not outer ones?
Baby in my tummy. Looking for a new job. Reflecting daily on my faith and my life long searching for inner peace.

Bonus: Share a piece of music/poetry/film/book that expresses something about what moving means to you.
I have always related to the movie, "When Harry Met Sally". I'm so Sally in so many ways. My husband is totally Harry. He looks at me with such amazement and loves me for all my quirks. Loves me because I am me.

No comments: