Saturday, January 19, 2008

A new lesson.....

I have determined that nobody likes to be sick. But it sucks even more when you are pregnant!

Wednesday afternoon, I had the most painful heartburn that I have ever had. 3 hours it dragged on, till finally, out of nowhere (or maybe something I thought might help but didn't think did...really did help) it stopped. I started to get a runny nose/congestion, but nothing too serious. Went to bed that night early (like usual) and fell fast asleep.

Thursday, woke up sore/achy and with a most stuffed up head and felt so yucky! I just wanted to crawl back into bed. I didn't have a fever, so I took cold medicine and went through the day. I looked forward to my massage I had scheduled after all the kiddos left. It was so worth it! Then came home. I was still so congested. So, I took my temp. Yep. 100.8. Well, that's not something to be too alarmed about, but I did lay down and take it easy. Well, 2 1/2 hours later, 103.2 and a call to the doctor.....I was able to take some medicine to bring it down. Was tired. Fell asleep on the couch and later went to bed. Rough night but glad that the "worst" was over.

Friday, I was thankful I canceled daycare on Thursday night. I was so beat and wanted to get into the OB office. They couldn't see me due to them being so booked up, but did get me some medicine called in to help. And I spent the day trying to corral my son and keep him out of trouble. After a long day, I did find out that my mom was able to come from SD to help this weekend. With my husband gone teaching his MA class and me sick, I'm sure glad for the extra hands. My son is happy to have Grandma. Too bad I'm still miserable and sick. Just want to be better.

No comments: