Tuesday, December 18, 2007

God Bless the Garbage Man

So today was unlike any other. The kiddos were just being their "normal" active selves. They laughed, cried, played, and now...down for nap. 5 minutes ago, I heard a noise and realized the Garbage Man was coming. (It is actually a guy). I quickly realized that my husband and I forgot to put the garbage out on the curb. Quickly, I opened our very noisy garage door, forgetting about the sleeping kiddos upstairs that may hear it. And ran the garbage out the curb. I had no shoes on, just my socks. I stepped in a very cold and wet puddle on the way. To my disappointment, I saw the garbage truck stopped at the top of our street, leaving. So, I was contemplating what to do. All of a sudden, the truck went backwards and as he drove down the hill, he signaled to me that he would take care of it. He didn't have to. He could have gone his way and worried about it after Christmas. But, to my delight and relief, he took our full load of garbage and dumped it into his truck.

Thank you for taking the time to care Garbage Man. Thank you for looking out for me and my family. God Bless you for your compassion and dedication to the job!! =)

P.S. Only one kiddo woke up from the noise of the garage door. No other kiddo was affected by this traumatic moment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your post. I am a garbage collector -- we often stop when we see women running a last bag out to the truck. Ever see the truck crushing the trash?

krugie23 said...

Thanks for your comment and all you do. I have total respect for the people that help out in all the behind the scenes. You work so hard and that's great! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience recently, except it was snowing and I was feeding the baby, so I couldn't run outside. Our Garbage collector took it upon himself to get the dumpsters, which were still against the house, empty them, and return them to the house. It is actually quite a blessing.
-Christina

Anonymous said...

You ladies ever see the truck compressing the garbage?

krugie23 said...

only from a distance. It must be fun if you mention it. =)

Anonymous said...

We get a lot of women who stop to watch...you'd be surprised.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJ6XrIlD_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALoa8xG6qDg&feature=related