Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A New Day

So, I have a friend getting married this November. I hate to say it, but I was pretty unsure if I would ever see her married. You see, when I was 23, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She didn't discover it until it was almost too late. She was lucky! The cancer they removed was the size of a melon and 3-4 the size of golf balls. That was almost 10 years ago. Wow!! And she is very happy. She found her firefighter. Like I said, they will be getting married in November. I have the invite in front of me. I'm excited for their nuptuals, but nervous too. After living so long alone, it's hard to live with someone. It took my husband and I a few years to work the kinks out. Not to say that we all live the same, but we all do have our habits and ways of doing things. Marriage is hard. For anyone. Each wedding I go to, I say a silent prayer. A prayer of patience, understanding, cooperation, respect, and love. I pray that my husband I can be granted more of each of these important requests and that it be bestowed upon the happy couple.

May God's blessing be upon you my friend. As you start this new adventure. May it never get old, have lots to offer and that you find peace with one another and more love than you can gather. May God grant you a fulfilling life together and help you remember the little things. Don't take each other for granted and may you look together at your future and see hope!

No comments: